IGS head office is looking for a Technical cum Management officer to manage the technical affairs of the society, correspond with national and international experts, etc. The person will be expected to correspond with experts (should have good communication skills and, command over English), have a basic understanding of geotechnical terminology, and should be able to conduct and manage geotechnical events, the society’s publications, website, etc.
Broadly, the expectations from the candidate shall be as follows:
1. Working in coordination with the Executive Secretary at the IGS office at Nehru Place, New Delhi for routine activities such as newsletter, journal, webinars and conferences, Executive Committee Meetings, email correspondences, etc.
2. Periodic handling of web requirements assessment and updating; follow with the website operator and handling technical material on the IGS Website.
3. Coordinating with the 53 Local Chapters of the society in different cities of the country.
4. Streamlining student chapter activities
5. Assistance to ISSMGE University Committee.
6. Assistance to set up IGS Foundation.
7. Working in close coordination with the President and Honorary Secretary of the society or person nominated by them for various activities of the society.
Interested persons, (preferably Delhi NCR based, but not essential) may please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.